Five observations from the Bulls series-opening OT win over the Celtics:
5. If Paul Pierce keeps playing just OK and if Ray Allen keeps forgetting that he's Jesus Shuttlesworth, the Bulls will do to these defending champs the same thing they did to the Heat back in the '07 playoffs: Sweeparoo, and enjoy your lovely parting gifts.
4. All right ... who stole Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah and replaced them with Carlos Boozer and Amare Stoudamire?
3. I went to college with Doc Rivers (or Glenn, as we called him back then). I really like the man and was happy for him when he won the title last season. But did he really set up the final shot for Ray "1-for-11" Allen? Wait - make that Ray "1-for-12" Allen.
2. As I was saying a few days ago ... very clever of the Bulls to throw their final regular-season game so they got to play the KG-less Celtics instead of the Magic.
1. You know, I'm starting to think this Derrick Rose kid just might have a future in this game I like to call basketball.