Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wistful end to fun week

^
Twas a bittersweet day in the Nadel household. I had to take our wonderful daughter Katie to the airport this morning after a week-plus visit, and we will miss her tremendously. But we bid adieu knowing she is doing well and making her small mark on society.

It's amazing we raised such a great kid. As much as I'd like to take credit, I'll give a big thumbs-up to my wife Roberta ... and to more than a little bit of luck.

Not only was it great to spend time with Katie, she even insisted upon mowing the lawn and washing the cars on her last full day here in suburban Charlotte. Really. I kept saying she didn't have to do it, but she said she liked doing those things and she wanted to be outside in the sunshine before returning to Seattle. Hard to blame her for the latter!

Katie's visit capped a whirlwind stretch in which we went to a wedding in Easton, Pa.; visited my brother in Philly; took in a game at the Phillies' (relatively) new ballpark; returned to Easton to visit friends; made the 11-hour drive home; and got to show Katie around our new town.

Now back to normalcy: getting stuff done around the house, coaching for me, real work for my wife, reading, TV, maybe a little golf. A familiar drill.

Though it's not a super-exciting existence, I suppose, I look around and see all the "exciting" stuff happening around the world, and the point gets driven home: Life is pretty damn good.
^

1 comment:

  1. Ah, spoken like a daddy of a wonderful daughter. Our kids grow up way too fast, don't they? But it's always great to see that they are doing well and making their way just fine without us right there next to them. But don't go thinking that you had not much to do with how she turned out.....my husband says the same thing but honestly? You did, too! :)

    Belle

    ReplyDelete