Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lou's verbal smackdown of Hendry

^
The Bald Truth

I'm not sure if even Lou Piniella realized it when he said it, but after another impotent loss to the sub-mediocre Braves, the fed-up Cubbie skipper fired his first public shot right at GM Jim Hendry's head:

"I get asked the same questions every day - every day, you know? I think what you need to do is go ask the players why they’re not hitting instead of asking me. Or go talk to the hitting coach."

In other words: Go talk to Hendry's hitting coach, Von Joshua. He's the guy Hendry brought after going over Lou's head and firing Gerald Perry, a perfectly good hitting coach who also happens to be Lou's friend.

Lou might as well have said: "Hey, Jimbo, these are your crappy hitters and now it's your savior hitting coach. Have a nice day."

The Quote

"I’m not in the batter’s box. All I can do is try to keep them upbeat and show them what’s going on with their mechanics." - Von Joshua

So after Hendry blamed the previous hitting coach, the current hitting coach is saying: "Hey, man, don't blame me."

What an organization.

Maybe Hendry should ensure a World Series appearance by firing Jim Riggleman again.

The Balder Truth

If you say you had Jason Marquis and Tim Wakefield in the First Pitchers To Eleven Wins Pool, I hope you don't mind if I call you a liar.

THE BALDEST TRUTH

It's July 8. It's 63 degrees and breezy. You know, on July 8, a guy shouldn't have to wear a fleece jacket over a long-sleeve shirt with the heat on in the Wrigley press box.

Give me my summer, dammit!

1 comment:

  1. I agree--I can't take this any more! I've been to three Cubs games and was COLD at every one of them!

    ReplyDelete