Sunday, August 8, 2010

Today's High 5

^
1. Since taking over the Orioles, Buck Showalter is 5-1 with a lineup that includes Corey Patterson and Felix Pie.

Talk about already staking a claim for Manager of the Year!

2. I covered Saturday's Cubs-Reds game and watched some of the other two games this weekend, and I couldn't believe how completely Dusty Baker outmanaged Lou Piniella. Really.

Here's hoping nobody wakes up Lou and tells him.

3. The Cubs lost 7 straight, beat Milwaukee 15-3 and followed up by scoring in 3 out of 27 innings against the Reds.

Can you say, "Mailing it in?" I knew you could.

4. It would be poetic if Jim Thome turned out to be the difference in the AL Central race.

5. "Shooting 18-over par is not fun," Tiger Woods says.

I don't know what he's talking about. I shot 18 over just the other day and had a great time.

1 comment:

  1. shit i am lucky to shoot an 88 on a put put golf course....

    ReplyDelete