1. Since taking over the Orioles, Buck Showalter is 5-1 with a lineup that includes Corey Patterson and Felix Pie.
Talk about already staking a claim for Manager of the Year!
2. I covered Saturday's Cubs-Reds game and watched some of the other two games this weekend, and I couldn't believe how completely Dusty Baker outmanaged Lou Piniella. Really.
Here's hoping nobody wakes up Lou and tells him.
3. The Cubs lost 7 straight, beat Milwaukee 15-3 and followed up by scoring in 3 out of 27 innings against the Reds.
Can you say, "Mailing it in?" I knew you could.
4. It would be poetic if Jim Thome turned out to be the difference in the AL Central race.
5. "Shooting 18-over par is not fun," Tiger Woods says.
I don't know what he's talking about. I shot 18 over just the other day and had a great time.