Monday, October 26, 2009

My new deal and La Russa's new coach

^
The Bald Truth

Within a few days, The Baldest Truth will be joining the family of a major media company. I will provide details as soon as things are finalized.

Yes, if you're like me, you're so excited you can barely keep down the 2 1/2 pounds of bacon you had for breakfast!

The Balder Truth

For underdog lovers everywhere, it sure was heartwarming to see those freckle-faced lads Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira and Derek Jeter hugging and squealing like schoolgirls after they and the rest of their underpaid, no-name New York crew won the AL pennant.

THE BALDEST TRUTH

Sources close to Tony La Russa's ego say Jose Canseco will be the Cardinals' new strength and conditioning coach.

9 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Good for you Mike. Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Great news, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what...i thought you were retired...it is not a very good year in st. louis..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear Hear...well desreved and ciongrats. Can't wait to see where you wind up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday I will learn to spell! Well, at least be far more careful in the haste to post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. tmad here. I'm reserving congrats until I know you didn't take the offer from the Penny Saver. (Seriously, Best of Luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike,

    I haven't written you in a long time but I wanted to congratulate you on your new venture. I, too, was laid off in March and I just received an offer letter from the same biotech company to rejoin them, with a raise. Figure that one out. It looks like 2010 will be a better year for us both. I have always enjoyed your work for its bare bones frankness and wit as well as talking to you in Springfield. The world of sports...scratch that, as you offer more than sports commentary...the world of reading for pleasure has missed you and anxiously awaits your new endeavor. I trust this note finds you and yours in the best of health and I hope you make it to Springfield in the near future so Neely and I can celebrate with you personally.

    Take care,

    Tim
    timschlosser140@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, everybody ... thanks for all these nice words. Don't hesitate to drop me an e-mail - my address hasn't changed (mikenadel@sbcglobal.net). Announcement coming soon - but it really isn't as big a deal as this is all sounding!! Mike

    ReplyDelete