Monday, February 27, 2012

Billy Crystal perfect, as was The Artist

^
The Bald Truth

Billy Crystal, where have you been?

That single change back to the best Oscars host of the post-Bob Hope era made an otherwise anticlimactic event worth watching again.

Maybe he should moderate the next GOP debate?

The Balder Truth

After their 12th win in a 13-game stretch, my Marquette Golden Warriors have moved up to No. 7 in the coaches' poll and No. 8 in the AP writers' poll.

Sure is nice of the only team I root for to make it so easy for me to root for them!

If you have yet to see their do-everything stud forward, Jae Crowder, be sure to check him out. He's probably the best college basketball player most of America hasn't heard of.

THE BALDEST TRUTH

Spurred on by the Oscars, I finally checked out The Artist today.

A brilliant concept superbly executed. A most deserving Best Film choice.

I usually make it a point to see all the Best Film nominees but I only saw 4 of 9 this time: Moneyball, The Descendants, The Help and now The Artist.

Hugo now is a must rental for me, and I'll probably check out Midnight in Paris, too.

As was the case with the other three contenders I saw, however, I can't imagine those two matching The Artist.

Bravo to the academy for getting it right this time.
^

No comments:

Post a Comment