5. Bubba Watson never has had a golf lesson and never has seen video of his swing.
I have had lessons, many of which emphasized that I needed to unlearn what I had learned in previous lessons. I have been traumatized by video of my swing. I haven't won the Masters.
If only I had heard about Bubba's plan for golf stardom 30 years ago!
4. As much as I enjoy the NCAA basketball tournament and the World Series, I would rather watch the final 9 holes of a hotly contested major golf championship than any other sports programming.
3. Peter Hanson absolutely shanked his tee shot on No. 12. Phil Mickelson hit consecutive irons totaling about 10 feet on the way to a triple-bogey.
And those were the leaders heading into the final round!
Golf humbles even the best of us.
2. Louis Oosthuizen used a 253-yard 4-iron to card a double-eagle.
Yeah, like I haven't done that 100 times.
1. Far too many media mopes experienced far too many Tigasms after The Hyped One won Arnie Palmer's tournament a couple weeks before going to Augusta.
Tiger is the Masters favorite! Tiger has found his swing and his mojo! Tiger is ready to reclaim his rightful throne!
And then the Masters began ... and Tiger was back to being the Tiger of the previous 2 1/2 years -- the one scarred by the 9-iron the ex-Mrs. Tiger went at him with.
Simply stated, Tiger isn't back until he wins a major.
He repeatedly has said he should be measured only by how he does in the sport's showcase events.
Why should the rest of us hold him to a lower standard?
Tiger is not back. And, frankly, he isn't even close.