Friday, July 8, 2011

No 5-hour rounds!

^
It's new job time, folks. Beginning Saturday, I'll be working as the weekend ranger at beautiful Ballantyne Country Club on the south side of Charlotte. My main duty: cruising the course and making sure each group is keeping up with the group ahead.

I got a tour of the place today and met several fellow employees and club members. They seemed very nice and genuinely grateful I'll be coming on. I'll work most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

This is my second golf-course job since I arrived in Charlotte last year. I enjoyed the first but the commute became too long after we bought our house on the opposite side of town. Ballantyne is only a 15- to 20-minute trip.

I'm looking forward to being outside (even on the 95-degree, 95-percent-humidity days) and being around golf again. The fact that I get weekday playing privileges doesn't hurt, either!
^

1 comment: