Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nadel ... Nadal ... let's not quibble!

^
An uncle can't be much prouder than I am of my nephew Rafa. The boy doesn't know how to spell the family name, but he's one hell of a tennis player!

My only complaint about Rafa is that he needs to go on a diet or something. I mean, his body-fat content must be all the way up to 4 percent these days.

And speaking of guys in bad shape, the Cardinals can't even beat the Cubbies. When MVP voters cast their ballots in a couple of weeks, here's hoping they realize Albert Pujols has barely stayed above the Mendoza line in September as his team has lost game after game to NL dregs. Coffee, my friends, is for closers.

Finally, a word about that fine arbiter of good and evil, Jay Mariotti.

Seven counts are about to be filed against him in connection with last month's alleged beatdown of his girlfriend, including domestic violence, false imprisonment and grand theft.

Each count carries a maximum sentence of a year in jail, and I'm probably thinking the same thing Ozzie Guillen is thinking:

Jay would be quite popular among his fellow inmates.
^

3 comments:

  1. they get what they deserve for going to the beck rally...if they dump larussa i may root for them next year..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe Larussia will manage the cubs next eyar, Wouldn't that be a kick! Oh wait its the Cubs and Larussia is smarter than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mike;

    I know this is off topic, but I would like to get your take on the Bruce Pearl situation.

    ReplyDelete