Tuesday, June 8, 2010

1961: A long puckin' time ago!

^
The Blackhawks are one win away from doing something they haven't done since just a few months after JFK was inaugurated.

The last time Chicago's NHL franchise sipped champagne from the Stanley Cup ... the Bulls were still 5 years away from getting an NBA expansion franchise, Ron Santo was coming off his rookie year, the Bears had just drafted Mike Ditka, and American schoolchildren were taught that crouching under their desks was the best way to avoid being annihilated by Russian A-bombs.

Oh, and I was 6 months old. (I didn't have much hair back then, either.)

I'm not a Hawks fan, but I'm not a hater, either. So I'll say only this: It's time.

Win the damn thing already for all the fans who stuck with the team through thin and thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment