Sunday, February 17, 2013

From golf balls to snowballs in 24 hours

^
On Friday afternoon, I played my first 9 holes of 2013. I wore shorts and a polo shirt on the sunny, 64-degree day.

By Saturday afternoon, it was about 30 degrees colder. It was flurrying when Roberta and I went into the grocery store to buy a few items. When we finished about 15 minutes later, the snow was falling fast, in huge, wet flakes.

A few hours later, there was an inch or two of snow on the ground. The kids next door, who had seen snow only a couple of times in their lives, were outside playing. Roberta and Simmie joined them, with my wife building a snowman and the puppy running around enjoying the first measurable snow of her young life.

See? Just when I started missing Chicago a little bit, it came to visit me.
^


3 comments:

  1. Ha. You got more snow in that one afternoon than we've had all winter in Central Illinois. Oops, I shouldn't have said that since winter isn't over yet.

    But, dang? Isn't there anywhere safe from snow or hurricanes or tornadoes or oppressive humidity or relentless cold? (Yes, we're looking for the perfect retirement home. Right.) ~Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. The southwest shore of Maui comes pretty darn close, Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah well there is 3 inches on the ground right now since 2:00 and i bet it gets to 5 before it is all over...so right now lucky you...damn we need the water but...

    ReplyDelete